Are you still searching for how to delete cash App account? If the answer to this question is yes, then’ search no further. With step by step guide, I will show you how to permanently delete your cash app account within 3 minutes.
I believe you already know that Cash App is used for sending and receiving money just like other finance Apps like Venmo, Zelle, Paypal, etc. Nevertheless, it is commonly said that nothing lasts forever.
Therefore, a time might come when for some reason, you would consider deleting your Cash App account permanently. That act is not expected to be done by just pressing delete because your Cash App account is linked to your bank account.
Just as I said earlier, this article will properly guide you on how to permanently delete Cash App Account from your android, iPhone, iPad, computers, and any other devices.
Quickly peering into the reasons why you may decide to learn how to cancel your Cash App account and how to get support should you come across any difficulty in the process.
Can I Delete My Cash App Account And Make A New One?
Yes, of course, your Cash App account can be deleted on your phone, be it an android device or an IOS device like iPhone, iPad, or any other. And it can also be deleted on the Cash App website. But before we go into how to delete your Cash App account, let’s examine possible reasons that are likely to necessitate deleting your account.
Reasons Cash App Users Delete Their Accounts?
1) A better option: People tend to want to delete their Cash App account if, in the process of going through the Internet, they find another option that they consider to be better.
That is another one that suits that needs better. So, rather than keeping the Cash App idle on their phones, they opt to delete their account.
2) No longer in use: you may also consider deleting your Cash App account when you do not need it anymore or you haven’t used it for a long time, say 2 or more years.
So instead of uninstalling the App from your phone just like that, you may decide to delete the account permanently. Now let’s dive straight into how to delete your Cash App Account.
How To Delete Cash App Account ( On Android, iPhones, and IPads)
After careful consideration, if you still insist on deleting your Cash App account, then here is how to delete your cash all account very quickly.
The steps below apply to both android and IOS devices. In other words, cautiously take these steps on how to delete your Cash App account for Android phones and iPhones
- Open the Cash App on your phone
- The next step is to make sure that all your funds have been transferred, sent, withdrawn, or cashed out. If you have previously invested in stock or bitcoin on Cash App, you will have to sell them also at this stage before proceeding to delete the account because you will not be able to access the account after deleting it.
- Click on the profile icon at the top right corner of your homepage
- Tap support on the next page
- On the next slide, scroll to the bottom and tap on Something Else.
- Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click on Account Setting
- At the bottom of the account setting menu, select close my Cash App account.
- Tap confirm to sign out of the Cash App
Before deleting the account and app finally, make sure you get an email confirming that your bank account has been unlinked.
Steps To Delete Cash App Account From Website
If you do not want to delete your Cash App account on your app, you can still do it another way. So read through as we discuss how to delete your Cash App account on the Cash App website.
- Visit the official website of the Cash App using either your phone or your computer
- Log in with either your phone number or email address. Take note that the phone number or email must be the one you created the account with.
- On your dashboard, click on “request sign-in code” which will enable Cash App to send a code to your email or phone.
- Enter the code and click sign in.
- On the next page, tap on Open Account and setting
- Go to the personal information or profile tab and select deactivate at the bottom of the page.
- Choose a reason for deleting your Cash App account and click on continue
The Cash App customer support team will contact you to confirm the success of the action or request further information before the account is permanently deleted.
Why Can’t I Delete My Cash App Account?
It may seem like your Cash App deletion is not working if you do the following
- You deleted the App without going through the process of how to delete your Cash App account. If you do not take the steps discussed above, your Cash App account will still be very much active.
- You entered the wrong information: in the process of permanently deleting your cash app account, if you provide a wrong email address or phone number or that which is not the same as the one used in opening the account, your account will not be deleted successfully.
Can I Access My History After Deleting My Cash App Account?
After learning how to delete your Cash App account, it is not uncommon to see users asking if they can still access their history.
The answer to that question is NO, you will no longer be able to access your Cash App history after deleting your account. So it is often advised that you download and delete your Cash App history before you opt to delete your account.
What Happens To My Balance After Deleting My Cash App Account?
Just like your Cash App history, you will not be able to access your Cash App balance after deleting your Cash App account.
So in order not to lose your fund, make all withdrawals before deleting. Contact Cash App support if you encounter any problems in the process.
How To Contact Cash App Support
In the process of using Cash App or deleting your Cash App account, if you encounter any difficulty, get help by contacting Cash App Support in the following ways.
- Through your App: to do this, tap on the profile icon on the homepage of your Cash App. At the bottom of the next page, click on “support.” Then tap on Something Else. Click on your issue and lastly tap on Contact Support.
- Visit the Cash App website on cash.app/help.
- Call the Cash App customer service phone number 1(800)969-1940
Can I Make New Account After Deleting My Cash App?
Yes, you can delete your Cash App account and sign up for a new one on a new device or the same device. You can use the same phone number or email that was used on the deleted one.
Note that using the same number or email will not give you access to the details of the old one. This is because it has been deleted permanently and is assumed that it never existed.
This article has been able to give every necessary detail on how to delete Cash App account permanently on your android or iPhone” as well as on your computer. We also looked at how to get help if you encounter a problem in the process.
You will agree with me that Cash App is very easy to use and the processes explained in the article are extremely simple. And remember that you are always free to create another account on Cash App after deleting the first one.