Do you want to learn how to add Visa Gift Card to Venmo? If yes, then hang around and read this guide carefully. In this article, we will take you by the hand and give you a step-by-step guide on how to transfer visa gift card to Venmo.
So If you have been doing it the wrong way or you intend to transfer a visa gift card and haven’t seen comprehensive teaching about it, this is your sure bet.
Venmo is a mobile payment app that mixes the activities of banking with social media. So when you are looking for a convenient and social payment app, Venmo got you covered. You can add your debit and credit cards as well as Gift Cards to your Venmo account.
While adding a debit and credit card is like a work in the park for many Venmo users, many are often left wondering if it is possible to add a gift card to Venmo and more so, how to add a Gift Card to Venmo especially as there are different types of gift cards. If you want to know how to transfer Visa Gift Cards to Venmo, then continue reading this article.
Can I Add Visa Gift Card To Venmo?
Yes, you can add or transfer Visa Gift Cards to your Venmo account. According to Venmo, users cannot only add or link their credit and debit cards to their Venmo account, but they can also add branded and prepaid cards which the Visa Gift Card is among. Therefore as we move on, you will see how to transfer visa Gift Cards to Venmo.
How To Add Visa Gift Card To Venmo
Let us see how to transfer gift card to Venmo using the following steps.
- Log in to your Venmo account on the mobile app using your email address and password.
- Click on the three lines at the top left corner of the screen. This will take you to the menu.
- On the menu, select Settings.
- Tap on “Preferences” and then on “Payment Methods”
- Scroll down the options and click on “Add Bank or Card” and select “Card”
- Enter the details of your visa gift card. Or simply use the camera icon to capture the picture of the visa gift card to automatically input the details of the card.
- Cross-examine to make sure the details are correctly entered and if the card is not registered to any address, fill in the ZipCode.
- Click on Add Card. And wait for the card to be added to your Venmo after which you can transfer the funds.
How To Find The Zip Code Of Your Visa Gift Card
To find the Zip code of your visa gift cards, take the following steps.
- Check the back of the gift card and visit the website link stated there.
- On the website, you will be redirected to a page where you will be required to register the gift card.
- On that page, enter the details of the gift card including its CVV, card number, and expiry date.
- Update the address of the card and zip code. Here you can enter your address and zip code.
With this, your card has been successfully registered hence you can use your Zip code to complete the process of how to transfer visa gift cards to Venmo as explained above.
How Long Does It Take To Add Visa Gift Card To Venmo?
Once you carefully follow the steps of how to add gift cards to a Venmo account as outlined above, it will take up to 3 business days for your Gift Card for the transfer to be completed.
That is, it will take up to 3 days for the balance of the gift card to be added to your Venmo balance.
Why Won’t My Visa Gift Card Work On Venmo?
Now that you have seen how to transfer Visa Gift Cards to Venmo, if you encounter problems making the transfer you might be wondering and asking yourself “why is my Visa Gift Cards transfer to Venmo failing“. The following paragraphs explain some of the reasons for the failure. So continue reading.
Poor Internet Connection
I believe you are aware that Venmo is an online payment app. And as such, it works with your internet connections. So if at the time that you are making a transfer of Visa Gift Cards to Venmo there was a poor internet connection, the transfer will not be successful.
It is in this light that it is always encouraged that you make sure the internet is well connected and in good working conditions before you can use the steps on how to transfer Visa Gift Cards to Venmo above successfully.
Just like other payment apps and banking servers, the Venmo server also experiences some issues although not frequently. When this happens, some transactions are unable to process successfully. That is to say, when the Venmo server is down or having some issues, your Visa Gift Cards transfer would not be successful.
This, however, does not last for a long time. So all you have to do is to patiently wait for some time and try the process of how to transfer Visa Gift Cards to Venmo again.
When the Visa Gift Card is not registered under your name and address, you would experience failure or inability to transfer Gift cards to Venmo. This is so because, among the conditions of transferring a Visa Gift Card to Venmo, it is clearly stated that the card must be registered in your name.
Unavailability Of Funds
You are most likely going to experience failure in the process of transferring Visa Gift Cards to Venmo if funds are not available at the time of making the transfer.
Like your regular banks, there are times when there will be a shortage of funds readily available to customers. In such time, anyone who demands funds would not be able to get it hence your Visa Gift Card transfer to Venmo is failing.
Is It Safe To Add Visa Gift Card To Venmo?
Venmo is a safe and secure payment platform. This is such that it takes every necessary step to see that the transactions and funds of its customers are secure.
Let’s not forget that Venmo is a member of the PayPal franchise hence it uses the monitoring technologies and encryption of PayPal to make sure that all your transactions including the transfer of Visa Gift Cards are secure.
- Can You See Who Looks At Your Venmo Profile? Find Out
- 6 Ways To Find Someone On Venmo
- How Much Can You Send On Venmo? Find Out
- 4 Steps To Delete Venmo Transactions
- How To Put Venmo Link In Bio
- Venmo Transfer Limit & How To Increase It
- How To Scan Venmo Code From Text Message
- Quick Fix: Venmo Payment Not Showing Up In Bank Account
- How To Pay Someone On Venmo Without An Account
Can I Put Visa Gift Card On Venmo?
Yes, you can use a visa gift card on Venmo. After adding the gift card to Venmo, the balance on the card is automatically added to your Venmo balance. Hence you can use it to pay for goods and services as well as transfer to family and friends.
Can You Use Venmo Money On A Visa Gift Card?
Again, the answer to this is yes. You can use the balance of your Venmo account to buy a visa gift card from any website and merchant that sells gift cards.
How To Add Visa Gift Card To Venmo
So far you have seen how to transfer visa gift cards to Venmo. And you also saw some of the factors that can hinder the process as well as how long it takes to add the money and its safety. Now that you know how to do it, go ahead and add your visa gift card to Venmo.