NetSpend Prepaid Cards have become a great alternative especially to those who are finding it difficult to manage a bank account or those who want to avoid overdraft. With the NetSpend prepaid cards, you can easily manage your finance even without a bank account.
The NetSpend prepaid cards can be used to make purchases both online or in-stores, and can also be used to make cash withdrawals at ATMs that accept Visa or MasterCards.
What Is NetSpend?
Before we go deeper explaining what NetSpend prepaid cards are all about, let’s first understand what NetSpend is all about.
NetSpend is a very popular company that offers prepaid debit cards, usually Visa, MasterCards, etc. The NetSpend prepaid cards can be used to make purchases both online and in-store, and as well make cash withdrawals at ATMs.
NetSpend is also known to be a FinTech platform and as well offers prepaid business solutions, such as payroll cards, tip solutions, etc.
NetSpend Prepaid Cards
The NetSpend prepaid cards are a kind of prepaid card which offer a great alternative to checking account debit cards, credit cards, and cash.
With the NetSpend prepaid cards, you can make purchases online or in-stores, and as well make withdrawals at ATMs that accept Visa or MasterCards.
You may not need to have a bank account or connect the NetSpend prepaid cards to a bank account before you can use it. Once you load the cards with money, you can start using them right away.
Types Of NetSpend Prepaid Cards
There are majorly 4 different types of prepaid cards offered by NetSpend. And they are:
- NetSpend Visa Cards.
- NetSpend MasterCards.
- NetSpend Premier
- NetSpend Small Business Card.
1. NetSpend Visa Card
The Netspend Prepaid Visa card may be a great alternative way to manage finance, for those with poor credit or those finding it difficult to manage a bank account. However, the high rates and fees sometimes, may not be too friendly. Despite the fees associated with the card, it still provides convenience and security to managing finance.
NetSpend Visa prepaid card does not give sign up bonus, but you and a friend can get a bonus of up to $20 when you refer them and they load their card with at least $40.
- The NetSpend Visa prepaid card has flexible plans (Pay-As-You-Go and Monthly Plans). The pay-as-you-go usually goes with a fee of $1 or $2 for every time you use the card.
- It doesn’t have a minimum balance, interest rates, cash advance or late payment fees.
- You don’t need to pay any fee to get it as long as you d it online. Fees may apply if you buy the NetSpend Visa card offline/in-store.
- With the NetSpend Visa prepaid card, you can access a high-yield savings account.
- Offer cashback rewards for qualifying purchases.
- The NetSpend Visa prepaid card is known to have high ATM withdrawal fee.
- Some users of NetSpend Visa prepaid card have reported a poor customer service.
- It has high fees for most card activities.
- Your Social Security Number (SSN) is needed to use the card.
2. NetSpend MasterCard
Just like other NetSpend prepaid cards, you can use the NetSpend MasterCard everywhere debit MasterCard is accepted. You can use the card to shop online, in-stores, over the phone or even withdraw cash at ATMs.
More so, you can use the NetSpend MasterCard to pay your bills, send and receive money through Western Union, and so on.
The NetSpend MasterCard has the same features as the NetSpend Visa card; and you also get up to $20 bonus whenever you refer a friend that loads at least $40 to their card.
How To Add Money To NetSpend MasterCard
There are many options to add money to your NetSpend MasterCard, these are:
- Direct Deposit of your paycheck, government benefits (such as Social Security, SSI, or SSDI), or other regular payments.
- Western Union Money Transfer.
- Bank transfer.
- Visit any NetSpend in-store to reload your card.
3. NetSpend Premier
To qualify for upgrade to NetSpend Premier, you must have loaded up to $500 in your card, every month.
When you upgrade to the NetSpend Premier, you would have to be paying a monthly fee of $5. And in this, there won’t be any other transaction fee anytime you use the card.
NetSpend also provides a purchase cushion of $10 every month, which works like a small overdraft. More so, the card is customizable, and you will be able to customize the image of your card, but comes with a cost.
4. NetSpend Small Business Card
The Netspend Small Business Prepaid card provides small businesses an avenue to accept card payments with ease. This card goes with a $9.95 monthly maintenance fee, and other transaction fees are not included to this.
How To Get NetSpend Small Business Card
- Go to NetSpend official website to open a small business account.
- From the website, expand the menu options.
- You will see Business solutions.
- Click on Business Solutions.
- Select Small Business Account.
- Then click on Sign Up Now.
- Put in your personal information required.
- Click on Get My Card.
Where Can I Get A Netspend Prepaid Card?
The best place to get NetSpend prepaid card is on NetSpend Website/app or NetSpend in-store. Getting the NetSpend prepaid card online is always free, but getting the cards at NetSpend in-store usually comes with a fee.
Aside NetSpend, there are also other places where you can get NetSpend prepaid cards. NetSpend is in partnership with these chains, and they are: Office Depot, Walgreens, 7-Eleven, CVS Pharmacy, and Walmart, etc.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Netspend Card?
Once you have completed all the process of applying for NetSpend prepaid card, it usually takes 7 to 10 business days to be ready for collection. However, if it takes longer than this, you may try to contact the customer service.
What Bank Is Netspend Prepaid Card?
NetSpend prepaid card is a subsidiary of the Bancorp Bank, MetaBank, N.A., and Republic Bank & Trust Company.
How Much Money Can You Put On A Netspend Card?
The maximum amount of money you can put on a NetSpend card is $15,000, and you can load a maximum of $7,500 per day.
What Do You Need To Activate A Netspend Card?
To start using your NetSpend prepaid cards, you must have to active it. To do this, you just have to call NetSpend customer service at: 1-866-387-7363 (1-86-NETSPEND), are provide them with your card number, the security code and your identity information which is needed to verify your identity. Once this is done, your card is now ready for use.
- How To Get Money Off Netspend Account Without Card
- How To Check Netspend Balance
- NetSpend Bank Name & Address
- How To Transfer Money From Netspend To Cash App Instantly
- Where Can I Withdraw Money From My NetSpend Card Free? Find Out
- Can Someone Send Me Money To My NetSpend Card? Find Out
- How To Add Money To Netspend Card From Bank Account
Do You Need A SSN For Netspend?
Yes, your Social Security Number (SSN) is usually needed to activate your NetSpend prepaid card for use.
Prepaid Cards have become a great alternatively to those without bank account; and NetSpend is one of those FinTech companies that offer reliable prepaid cards.
With NetSpend prepaid cards, you can easily manage your finance at a go; make purchases online or in-store, or even make cash withdrawals at supported ATMs.
The 4 Major types of prepaid cards offered by NetSpend are: Visa prepaid cards, MasterCard, NetSpend Premier, and NetSpend Small Business Card. All these cards have similar and different features that would help you manage your finance at a go.