In this article, we are going to show you how to transfer Vanilla Gift Card balance to a Bank account. It is always amazing to receive a Vanilla gift card as a surprise gift, you would feel loved, won’t you? Some people may still decide to buy it from stores but whichever way, it feels good to have a Vanilla gift card because it is just like an extra bonus of money to spend.
Now that you have the Vanilla gift card, and perhaps you need cash to meet your urgent financial needs, you need to convert your gift card to cash. How will you go about it? Well! There is no need to worry because there are ways you can convert a Vanilla gift card to cash.
To Transfer Vanilla Gift Card Balance is not a straightforward task but it is still possible, the process is a bit lengthy because you can’t transfer your Vanilla gift card balance directly to your bank account but there is still a way out.
However, with the help of some online banking apps, it is possible to Transfer Vanilla Gift Card Balance to your bank account but if you don’t know how this works, chill and relax as I take you through the simplified processes.
How To Transfer Vanilla Gift Card To Bank Account
Unfortunately, vanilla doesn’t give you options to transfer money directly to an outside bank account. But interestingly, there are other user-friendly ways which you can use to convert the money in your Vanilla Giftcard into cash and then transfer it into a bank account.
The Money Services Apps That You Can Use To Convert Vanilla Gift Card To Cash Before transferring To Bank Account
One of the most convenient and fastest ways to convert money stored in a Vanilla gift card to cash is through the use of PayPal which has a user-friendly interface.
But if you don’t have a PayPal account, no need to worry as it is very easy to create. And to avoid the benefit of doubt, I have penned down below all you need to have before you can open a PayPal account.
Some of the requirements needed to open a PayPal account include but are not limited to:
- Your full name
- Active phone number
- Current home address
- Functioning bank account
- Any proof of identification.
Once you have successfully created a PayPal account, you need to link your bank account before you can receive money from your Vanilla gift card.
Now that you have successfully linked your bank account to Paypal, the next thing is to transfer your gift card to your bank account.
How To Transfer The Balance Of A Vanilla Gift Card To PayPal, And Then To Your Bank Account?
- Login to your PayPal account
- Search for the “wallet” feature on your PayPal app or website
- Connect your Vanilla gift card to your PayPal account via the “Link a Card” feature
- Send the money to your bank account by selecting “Transfer Money”
- Choose the main bank account that you wish to transfer the money to and transfer the exact amount and that’s all.
Another wonderful online banking app that is fast and secure when converting Vanilla gift card to cash before transferring the money to your bank account is Venmo. And one amazing thing about it is that it has a user-friendly interface like Paypal and it is also very simple to set up.
Some of the requirements needed to open a Venmo account include but are not limited to:
- Your full name
- Active Phone number
- Functioning email address
- Functioning bank account
However, when setting up your Venmo account, you need to link your bank account to your Venmo account.
Transferring money from your Vanilla gift card to your bank account isn’t a big task, but you need to connect the gift card to your Venmo account first before you can transfer the money to your bank account.
Once you successfully link them, just choose “transfer funds” and start your transfer to the linked bank account and that’s all.
How Do I Use My Vanilla Gift Card To Shop Online?
How to use Vanilla for online shopping is a big deal, just do this:
- Ensure that your Vanilla gift card balance is enough to pay off the whole cost of the purchase, taxes inclusive
N/B: Check your cardholder agreement information because some transactions types may requires cardholder to have up to 20% above the total cost of the purchase.
- Choose either ‘Credit’ or ‘Debit’ as the payment method (Don’t choose ‘Gift Card’).
- Once you are in the Payment Method section, fill the card gift card information as you would done with credit or debit card.
- Then, in the billing address section, Enter your correct name and address. Once you have done the above correctly, your online shopping with Vanilla gift card will be successfully.
How Do I Withdraw Money From A Vanilla Gift Card?
Unfortunately, you can’t get cash directly from the Vanilla gift card but there are other options to convert it to cash either by selling it or by linking it to Paypal, revisit the section on Paypal for procedures on how to do it.
Can You Transfer Money From Vanilla Gift Cards To Cash Apps?
No, you can’t transfer money from a Vanilla gift card to a cash app. This is so because the cash app doesn’t support gift cards of any sort.
How Do I Transfer A Vanilla Gift Card To Venmo?
Linking your Vanilla gift card to Venmo isn’t a big deal, just do this:
- Login to your Venmo account
- Choose “payment methods”
- At your current payment methods, choose “Add bank or card”
- Then, fill in your prepaid card’s information and you are done.
What Payment Methods Can I Use To Purchase A Vanilla Gift Card?
There are many payment methods which you can use to purchase a Vanilla gift card, some of which include but are not limited to:
- American Express
- Discover credit cards.
How Do I Check The Balance On My Vanilla Gift Card?
If you want to check your Vanilla gift card balance, all you need to do is:
- Login to https://balance.VanillaGift.com
- Fill in your gift card’s security code
- Enter the expiring date
- Enter the card number and your Vanilla gift card balance will show up.
How do I Convert Gift Cards To Cash?
If you urgently need to convert your gift card to cash, all you need to do is to visit any gift card exchange shop to sell your gift cards to cash. Most of the gift card exchange shops usually bright yellow in colour and are located mainly in grocery stores.
Are There Monthly Fees Or Usage Fees With My Vanilla eGift Card?
No, there are no monthly fees that is charged for using Vanilla eGift Card, the only money you would spend is the purchase fee.
- How To Get Cash From Visa Gift Card
- Can You Get Cash Back From A Visa Gift Card? Yes’ Check Out
- How To Transfer Visa Gift Card Balance To PayPal
- Visa Gift Card Zip Code
- How To Transfer Visa Gift Card To Bank Account
- How To Add Visa Gift Card To Venmo
Transferring Vanilla gift card balance directly to bank account isn’t possible but with the help of online banking apps like Paypal and Venmo, you can easily transfer your Vanilla gift card balance directly to your bank account.
But it is always good when you remember that you have Vanilla gift card because it makes you feel that you have extra money to spend which would invariably help you to meet your urgent financial needs should the need arise.