Do you know about Snapchat device ban? This is the point at which Snapchat bans your smartphone for violating its Terms and conditions. As a result, all Snapchat accounts registered via the smartphone are prohibited from accessing the social media App.
If you find yourself in this situation, don’t worry” this article got you covered. We have shared different ways/methods to get around or bypass Snapchat device ban.
Because the device has been marked, you can’t even establish a new Snapchat account with it. In this article, I will show you how to bypass the Snapchat device ban, we’ll also discuss why your device was banned and how long the Snapchat device restriction lasts.
So, what happens if Snapchat bans your phone? Can you lift the device ban? Why your device was banned? Let us find out.
What Is Device Ban?
It’s worth taking a minute to go through the mechanics of what it means for an app to prohibit a device before we get into the hows of it all. There is no precise meaning for this difficult technical phrase. Instead, based on the experience, it’s an impression of a prohibition.
Therefore, you might imagine getting your account blocked with any app. For instance, your account can be blocked if you utilize social media. You could technically establish a new account and use the app any way you see fit, though it has its own set of issues.
A prohibition on devices would stop this. Even when you make a new account in this situation, you are still unable to access the app on your phone. However, you might be able to utilize a fresh account on a different gadget.
Why Your Device Is Banned From Snapchat
Snapchat bans devices mostly for breaking their community rules or terms of service. This can be divided into the following categories:
1. Violation Of Service Terms
The first infraction that will result in your Snapchat device being banned is installing third-party applications and plugins to your account. The following plug-ins are prohibited:
The second offense is if you upload sexually explicit stuff on your account. You are not permitted to email, upload, or keep any content including nudity, pornography, or child sexual exploitation. This will result in the device being banned.
2. Violent behavior towards oneself or others
Any type of aggression directed towards others will result in a Snapchat device ban faster than you can say snap. Bullying or assaulting others are examples of such events. Other examples are:
- Attempting to contact people on the site who have blocked you.
- Sharing private information and data about persons without their permission.
- Refusing to delete disclosed information once the impacted individual requests it.
- It is also illegal to promote violence by distributing information that celebrates injuring others or oneself.
3. Illegal content or conduct
Snapchat disables your smartphone if you exhibit unlawful or punishable by law content. Here are several examples:
- In your material, you are encouraging hate speech and extremism.
- Promoting illicit products and services, such as narcotics, through your posts.
- Deceptive practices such as impersonating someone else, spamming, or manipulating content
How to Get Around Snapchat Device Ban
Attempt the following to bypass a Snapchat ban:
1. Upgrade your device’s time and date settings
- Remove Snapchat from your computer.
- Reboot your device.
- Launch “Settings.”
- Locate and choose the “Date & Time” option.
- The device prohibition date should be set one month in advance.
- Download the Snapchat app once again.
- New Snapchat accounts should be created.
2. Purchase a new phone
The IMEI, which is unique to each phone and only really interchangeable with Android devices as described in the following solution, is the basis on which Snapchat often prohibits devices. When you receive the new device, take these safety measures:
- Avoid logging onto local WiFi networks. all the time, use LTE.
- On the new device, avoid utilizing a VPN.
- Avoid using the same SIM card that was on your prohibited device.
- Use a fresh Gmail account you’ve created to confirm the Snapchat account.
- For the new device, create a brand-new iCloud account.
3. Modify the IMEI number (Android)
Altering your IMEI number is another technique to get around the prohibition. Unfortunately, you can only use third-party programs like “IMEI Generator Pro” to achieve this on Android devices.
Take the same safety measures as when purchasing a new device when you receive the new IMEI number.
4. Contact Snapchat
Last but not least, you can contact Snapchat and present your case. You may still contact them using email, social media, report links, or online forums even while your device and account are suspended.
How will you know your device is banned by Snapchat?
When your device is barred from using Snapchat:
- You are unable to establish a new Snapchat account on the device and are locked out of your existing ones.
- When you try to log into Snapchat, a “Permanently Banned” notification appears. In certain circumstances, the ban can be irrevocable, but you almost always get your account restored. When your username disappears, you will know the termination was final. Use Snapchat on a friend’s phone to look up the username.
- When you attempt to log in to your Snapchat account on the smartphone, you can only do so for a brief period before being locked out.
How long does a device ban last Snapchat?
The typical duration of a Snapchat device ban is range from a few weeks to six months. You should avoid entering Snapchat on your smartphone during that time because doing so extends the ban.
- How To Unpin Someone On Snapchat
- Quick Fix: Oops! We Could Not Find Matching Credentials On Snapchat
- How To Remove A Snapchat Filter From A Saved Picture
- How To Tell If Someone Has Two Snapchat Accounts
- How To Recover Snapchat Account – Without Phone Number Or Email
What if Snapchat blocked my IP?
The Snapchat team has the right to temporarily restrict the network if they see a VPN or questionable behavior coming from your IP address. In this situation, you have a few options: It is either you wait for the block to be removed; disable your VPN; or choose another network connection.
You should be able to lift your Snapchat device ban using these troubleshooting techniques. Make sure to give each one a try and report back on your experience. Once you’re back on Snapchat, keep in mind to follow the terms of service to prevent getting banned again.
Does Snapchat Ban New SIM Card?
No, you won’t be able to utilize it, is the simple answer. Not your SIM card, but the device needs to be changed. The gadget is followed by the prohibition.
However, there isn’t much to lose if you give it a shot. (However, you should make sure it is a device ban and not an IP or account ban.
To do so, locate a different backup device. wait a few hours, log into your account and observe how things work. assuming all is well. A gadget prohibition follows that. And you ought to get a new one.