Do you need information on how to change your Venmo Username? If yes, you are in the right place. This article contains information about Venmo account. Venmo is a type of peer-to-peer payment platform used to send money.
For some of our readers that don’t know about Venmo, according to Wikipedia, Venmo is an American mobile payment service founded in 2009 and owned by PayPal since 2012. Venmo was aimed at friends and family who wish to split bills, e.g. for movies, dinner, rent, or event tickets and many other more.
Does Your Venmo Username Have To Be Your Real Name?
No you don’t have to use your real name. Although many people use their real name. But when inputting your username on Venmo, they strongly advise you to use the most suitable username that you know will be easily recognized to be yours.
How To Change Your Venmo Username Using the Mobile App?
Are you bored of your current Venmo Username? If your answer is yes, all you have to do is follow the steps I will be listing below.
- Open the Venmo app in your Android or iOS.
- Provide your login infos. This include your Email address and password.
- After successful login, you will see a three horizontal lines at the tip right corner of your screen, tap on it
- The preference menu will pop out, tao on the Edit profile option.
- By now you should be able to see some of your personal information including your existing username.
- Click on the username box and delete the former one, then input your new username.
- After you have input your new username, don’t forget to click save. The save option is located at the top right corner of your screen.
The Venmo Username can only consist of five to fifteen characters. And another thing is that you can’t use special characters except hyphen and underscore.
This guide can be used on both iOS and Android devices, because there is not much of a change in the Venmo app on both devices.
Always remember that After inputting your new username you need to click save. If you don’t click save your new Venmo Username won’t reflect on the app.
You can download the Venmo App from the Google play store into your Android device or from the Apple App store for iOS devices
How To Change Venmo Username online
Although the Venmo app is the easiest, fastest and most convenient way to split bills and to transfer money, some people still prefer using Venmo online.
If you are using the online Venmo and you need to change your username follow this step
- Input http://www.venmo.com on your search engine
- Provide your necessary infos and login
- After login, you will see a “Settings” sign. Click on it
- By now a pop would have appeared on your screen, click on the Username box and erase your former username.
- Input your new username (5 to 15 characters)
- Don’t forget to click on the save option.
After you have saved, all your details will automatically sync on your Venmo App. Apart from changing your Venmo username, you can also change your email address, phone number, picture, password, bank and many other more.
Can I Use A Four Characters username on Venmo?
No you can’t. Username like Fred, Joy, Ani and other three or four character usernames can’t be used on Venmo. For Venmo to allow any username, the username character has to be five and above.
Can I use up to 20 character for Venmo Username
Another thing about Venmo username is that when choosing a username, your username character can’t exceed 15. You may find out that you have been trying to change your username for a long time but it all in vain, this may be part of the reason.
Can I use special characters for my Venmo username?
Of course you can, but not all. You can only use hyphen and underscore. You can’t use special characters like Ampersand, Comma, Backslash, Dollar sign, Tilde, Exclamation point, Question mark, Quotation mark, @ sign , + sign : sign and many other more.
Can I Change my Venmo Username More Than Once
I know some of our readers may be wondering if you can do this. Don’t worry the answer is yes. You can change your Venmo Username More Than Once. Anytime you feel like changing it, all you have to do is follow the right steps.
Can I use to two Venmo Username
Absolutely no. You can’t use two usernames on Venmo. But Venmo gives you the opportunity to connect two bank accounts to your Venmo profile. This makes banking easier for people with more than one bank.
Does your Venmo name have to be your legal name?
No. Your Venmo Username can be your pet name or nickname, or any unique name.
Is Venmo username case sensitive?
No they are not. venmo usernames are not programmed to be case sensitive.
- 6 Ways To Find Someone On Venmo
- How Much Can You Send On Venmo? Find Out
- 4 Steps To Delete Venmo Transactions
- How To Put Venmo Link In Bio
- Venmo Transfer Limit & How To Increase It
- How To Scan Venmo Code From Text Message
- Quick Fix: Venmo Payment Not Showing Up In Bank Account
- How To Pay Someone On Venmo Without An Account
Is it safe to give someone your Venmo username and email?
To avoid being scammed, try as much as possible not to give people your personal information. And don’t click links supposedly sent by venmo.
Does Venmo Show your name on bank statement?
No.Venmo does not reveal who you paid on your bank statement.
Is Venmo Free?
Yes it’s free when sending and receiving money from friends and associates.
Video: How To Change Venmo Username
Now we have finally come to the end of this article. Venmo is used to send and receive funds. Before you can own a Venmo account, you need to provide some personal details like your email address, username, phone number and other details. After successful login, you can change your Venmo Username by following some of the above mentioned steps.
If you have been trying to Change your username and it’s been in vain, try increasing the username characters to 5 or try reducing it to 15 or remove all characters if you included any.