We know how irritating and annoying it could be to receive irrelevant text messages most especially from unknown numbers. Apart from being irritating, It is usually awful and offensive, so some of our readers have continued to make such complaint like “I Keep Getting Dirty Texts From Random Numbers, what should I do to stop them?
If you are part of the people that don’t know what to do, chill and relax as I have penned down how to stop spam texts from different numbers.
Why Do I Keep Getting Messages From Random Numbers?
It is always good to know the root of the problem before you start looking for solutions. Let’s look at it from this perspective, What Could The Reasons Why Dirty Texts Are Coming My Way? Did I subscribe to them? I know the answer is no. Why then do I keep getting dirty texts from random numbers Android/iPhone? Am I safe? Yes you are safe. Just ensure that you are careful not to fall to their tricks.
There are numerous reasons why you are getting irritating messages, you should be aware that as you go about your normal businesses, that’s exactly the same way scammers wake up daily and start searching for who to defraud.
Senders of spam texts are doing everything possible to scam you either by selling something to you or by installing viruses on your computer device. So you need to be extra careful to avoid falling victim. Because of that I have succinctly penned down how to stop spam texts from different numbers.
Why Do Random Numbers Keep Texting Me Links?
Below are the reasons you keep receiving text messages from random numbers. And also follow instructions on how to block them;
Spammers Got Your Phone Number And They Want To Steal From You:
When I had not blocked spam messages on my device, the main reason I keep getting dirty from random numbers was that spammers had access to my number.
Buy the first question that will come to your mind is how did spammers get my phone number? I will tell you, there are numerous ways through which spammers can get your phone number, one of which is by downloading it from online databases or by scraping it from websites.
For your information, there are thousands of sites that sell people’s phone numbers and personal information. Unfortunately for me, my phone number is on those lists and invariably, yours isn’t exempted. That’s why you get spam texts.
The unavoidable truth is that we are used to submitting our personal details to companies in one way or the other, and unfortunately, this information gets leaked when they either sell it to the spammers or their site gets hacked. So For us to be on the safe side, that is why this article contain how to stop receiving dirty text messages from random numbers.
How To Stop Spam Texts From Different Numbers
If you are tired of getting unwanted dirty messages on your computer device either iphone or Android, just follow this simple steps:
For Android Phone Device
- Open the Messages app on your phone
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner
- Select “Settings” and then go to “Spam protection“
- Toggle the “Enable spam protection” switch
For An Iphone Device
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone
- Scroll to where you have “Messages” and tap on it
- Toggle the “Filter Unknown Senders” switch
How To Protect Your Device From Spam Texts
Now that you have known why you are getting dirty text and how they got to you, the next question is what to do when you get it? Below are what you will do if they get to you;
1.Never Click Links
To avoid benefit of doubt, never click on any link that contains spam. If you dare click on the spam link you are at risk of unveiling your passcode to them which would invariably give them access to your vital information, hence, you would be scammed.
Not only that, some dangerous websites will go as long as installing viruses or malware on your device. In fact, the best defense mechanism against spam text is never to click on them.
2. Delete Spam Texts
Whenever you come across any spam text, you should delete it immediately. Deleting sperm texts is good since it will help you to get rid of these awful messages out of your conversation history. Not only that, it also helps you never to end up on any harmful websites.
3. Block message from unknown numbers
4. Don’t reply the Messages
How To Block Messages From Unknown Numbers On iPhone And Android
One of the easiest and safest ways to stop getting dirty texts from random numbers, is to block the sender’s number from being able to send messages to you.
Steps To Block Messages From Unknown Numbers On iPhone;
- Select the message from the number you want to block
- Tap on the number or profile photo at the top of the message
- Select “Info“
- Scroll down and tap on “Block this caller“
- Select Block Contact.
How To Block Spam Messages From Random Numbers On An Android;
- Open the Messages app on your android
- Select and hold on to the message from the person you want to block
- Tap on the three-dot on the top right corner of your screen
- Select the “Block” option from the menu
How To Block Dirty Text Messages
The amazing thing here is that it is very easy and simple to get rid of those dirty texts on your device. Do the following and thank me later.
How To Block Dirty Messages On iPhone
- Go to settings
- Scroll to messages
- Scroll down to message filtering
- Turn ON filter unknown senders
How To Block Dirty Messages On Android
- Open the Message app
- Tap the three dots on the top right corner of the screen
- Tap on settings on the next page
- Activate spam protection
N/B; You need to wait for a few days to be sure of the effectiveness of the settings.
Best Apps To Block Spam Texts and Stop You From Getting Dirty Texts From Random Numbers
The underlisted app have been recommended as the best application that block spam texts and stop you from Getting Dirty Texts From Random Numbers:
- Spam blocker for android, Block text.
- TextKiller – Spam Text Blocker
- SMS Shield
How Do I Report Inappropriate Text Messages
If you are tired of these unscrupulous elements and you want to report them, just follow this simple guide
1.You can report it directly from your messaging app. To report a message, just search for the option to report junk or spam messages on your message app.
- Forward the message to 7726 (“SPAM”). According to the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM), 7726 is the number(code) for reporting spam texts. All you need to do to report a text message is forward it to 7726.
How To Block Text Messages On iPhone phone Without Opening It
As I have stated earlier, getting dirty messages from random numbers is very irritating but guess what? It shouldn’t give you sleepless nights because how to block them is very simple even without opening your iphone device.
All you need to do is;
- First, open Settings
- Scroll down
- Search for Messages
- Tap on it
- Search for “Filter Unknown Messages.”
- How To Read Your Boyfriend Text Messages Without Touching His Phone
- Best Calculator Apps That Hides Text Messages For iPhone
- How To Stop Someone From Tracking Your Text Messages
- How To Stop Someone From Seeing Your Text Messages
- How To Hide Text Messages On iPhone From Girlfriend
That’s all, and the text message will be blocked, seems like magic but it is real.